6.28.2010

Front Door Lovin'


I have to admit something... I'm addicted to decorating blogs. Apartment Therapy, Design Sponge, Decor8, Making it Lovely. All of them. What I love about these blogs is that they keep my mind rolling, and the possibilities become endless. Inspiration for me is in the weather, colors, places I've lived as a child, and of course... the homes of other artistic strangers. Currently I'm thinking about my front door. We put new hardware on it and a new mailbox. I have other things I'd like to do, like repaint the woodwork, but maybe also do some more landscaping, maybe paint the concrete! I love the photo I posted above. How genius is it to take ugly concrete and make it beautiful? You know what? I have a ton of ugly concrete. I mean, a ton. No exaggerations. Now I can't help but think of what I can do to it! Maybe a small chair to read in? A topiary or an urn of white draping flowers? It all sounds awesome.
My issue is that I get inspired at 11:51 pm. Oops!

In other news our mantel is coming together. I have to finish the other two walls still, but thats okay. I am also hoping to finish a few crafts before my Grandmother-in-law's 70th birthday party we're holding at our house. I'm hoping to make an awesome cake, some streamers and maybe a Happy Birthday banner? I also bought some yellow balloons and I'm making a wreath out of them for our front door. I'm pretty stoked about it! It could stay up for more than just this occasion; well until Jeff forces me to take it down.

Okay, time for bed! Bon soir!

2 comments:

KarenB said...

I like the detailing of the door itself. I want windows in my front door!

KansasMarney said...

Fabulous blog! I love what you are doing to your house and read of your dreams. You are definitely your mother's child. Wonderful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails