8.30.2011

Dear Julia,

 Julia Child and her husband Paul.  Unknown source.

As many of you know, August 14th would have been Julia Child's 99th birthday.  She has become, to me, an inspiration.  She seemed to have a joy about her, a zest for life and never ceased to do what she loved.  What inspires me the most is that she found her nitch later in life.  Her career in cooking started in 1949, when she was 37.  She has taught me that it is never too late to do what you love and to be successful at it.  As someone who graduated with a bachelors at the age of 26 it's nice to know that I'm not "behind schedule". 


I just wanted to share a few quotes from this article, an ode to her brilliance.


Julia with her husband Paul.  Unknown Source

"The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time."

"I’m awfully sorry for people who are taken in by all of today’s dietary mumbo jumbo. They are not getting any enjoyment out of their food."

If you’re in a good profession, it’s hard to get bored, because you’re never finished—there will always be work you haven’t yet done.

Always remember: If you’re alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who’s going to know?



Make sure you read the rest of her quotes.  I really wish I could have met her.


Julia
.

2 comments:

KarenB said...

Do you suppose she was cooking in her swimsuit or bra? I'm voting for two piece. I also wonder how she did all that fabulous cooking and didn't end up massive! Cute post.

Acorn to Oak said...

Great post! I love the quotes. I like Julia too. She was such an amazing woman! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails