5.29.2011

Just a Taste

flowers

So.... I graduated. Yup. I did that.
That totally gave me an excuse to make a ton of delicious food, invite friends over and walk around barefoot. It was awesomeness, yes, awesomeness.

I thought I'd share some of the deliciousness with the rest of the world.  Click the link and enjoy the recipes!

My Mom took photos of some of the food. We had more, I promise.
food2

One of my favorite things was this.. delicious blue cheese purchased from our community mercantile with honey and pecans.
food3

I made two huge sandwiches made with local ingredients.
sandwiches

I can't forget this guy! It is a baked brie with raspberry jam, maple syrup and brown sugar, delicious.
food4

Here is a list of a few more items I featured

Macaroni and Cheese from A Chow Life
Fried Penne from Not Without Salt
Pickled Carrot Sticks from Smitten Kitchen
Pickled Root Veggies
Pickled Radishes

Delicious....



So without further ado... this is my quick and easy baked brie recipe

Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam
1 package of pillsbury crescent rolls (I used the butter flake ones) or pastry dough
1 wheel of brie
Raspberry Jam
Maple Syrup
Brown Sugar

Unroll your dough of choice and place the wheel of brie directly in the middle. If you choose to use the crescent rolls make sure you press all of the seams shut. Spread as much raspberry jam on the top of the cheese. Continue to wrap the dough over the wheel of cheese, removing any excess dough from the top and making sure all seams are properly sealed. Place wrapped wheel in a well greased or silicon baking dish. Pour maple syrup over the top and sprinkle with brown sugar. I usually bake this at 350 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. To be completely sure that it is completely cooked press the top of the brie lightly. It should "give" to the weight of your finger but not feel doughy. I promise there is a difference. ENJOY!





2 comments:

mary jane said...

The food looks so good.
Congratulations on your Graduation!
What is the next step?

KarenB said...

I can't believe that I didn't take pictures of everything since I did take so many. This brie was one of my favorite things! So, yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails