4.03.2011

Recipe Review: Olive Oil and Sea Salt Crackers with Homemade Ricotta Cheese


To me, cooking is the highest form of therapy. Just like Julie says in Julie and Julia, there is something so comforting about knowing that a few ingredients will always deliver something delicious. I try (emphasis on try) to spend quality time in the kitchen a few times a week.

Last week I made a delicious cracker recipe posted by I Made That!. Actually, I should say that this was really my second batch of these babies but my first attempt at the ricotta cheese recipe. So here is the verdict: they're awesome. Not only are the crackers addicting but the cheese is insanely easy to make. I honestly believe that I'll probably never buy ricotta cheese from the grocery store again. It's also inspired me to try other cheese recipes, including this goat cheese recipe which looks pretty dang tasty.

So, if you decide to try your hand at the crackers let me first give you some advice, use your pasta roller or roll that dough until you can't roll it anymore. If you leave it too thick they will have the consistency of flat bread. I guess that's not always a bad thing but they're not crispy like a cracker should be. Either way, they'll still be delicious!

What recipes are you trying this week?

1 comment:

KarenB said...

YUM! I can't wait to see what you cook when we're there. You are going to cook, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails