2.16.2011

Rise and Shine


Okay.. I am NOT a morning person. Not at all. I mean.. When I say, not a morning person, there isn't any exaggerating involved. I'm also one of those people who can't bear to part with $5 for an iced latte. (When you figure out how they make these, you wouldn't be able to either.) So tonight I'm going to try to rectify both of these issues. First, I must find some lazy way to caffeinate myself. Second, I must learn how to make the fancy coffee without the crazy awesome espresso machine. How do I do this? Cold-press coffee. Well, at least cold-brewed coffee. Here is the link on the simple way to do this. I broke out an old pitcher, filled it with half a pound of coffee grounds and about 5.5 cups of cold water. Pretty simple! All it needs is to be stirred once and air tight, it does all the rest on its own. The best way to drink this (after you've strained it the next day) is to pour equal parts coffee and water into an icy glass. Others may add milk to it, but I like my coffee black. So there, problem solved! My coffee is made the night before and I no longer have to hand out my first born child to get 12 oz of joe. You should hear my tips on foaming milk without a steamer. I'm the new Macgyver.

Anyone else have any coffee tips?



2 comments:

KarenB said...

Oh, a new nickname! And future present ideas!

Acorn to Oak said...

I've never heard of making coffee with cold water. That's interesting. I can't wait to try it!

I've simplified my coffee and latte making over the years. I've got my recipe down so well that I could probably do it with my eyes closed and it tastes better than the expensive coffee house ones. I use a french press to make extra dark coffee, homemade vanilla simple syrup (or, sometimes, just sugar), and soy milk. Yum!

In the summer I usually make extra and store it in a jar in the fridge for iced lattes the next day. But this cold press method will be much better! Love it! Thanks! :-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails