11.15.2010

Mellow Monday


So sorry that I've been lax on writing on here. This last weekend was pretty awesome/hectic. Saturday was my first day working in a new salon. We were really busy and I enjoy my new boss. That night we went to a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at Nick and Celeste's house. Visiting with the "Turkey Team" was really awesome. I'm so glad we went. After that we went to Mat's 30th birthday party. I love mellow get togethers where you can just sit and talk; especially when cute dogs are present. Then on sunday a couple graciously gave me their 100 year old upright piano for free. It is the neatest piano and of course I'm a sucker for items that need some TLC. Give me a piece of furniture which needs to be refinished or repaired and I'm all over it. For that, I have to feel sorry for my patient husband. We had four friends come and help with the piano and it was totally crazy. I bet they're all cursing me for their sore backs today. Honestly, I couldn't ask for better friends. I know a lot of people say that, but for four people to sacrifice their day off to lift an 800 lb piano, that was extremely awesome of them.

I promise to post photos of the new piano soon. Like I said, it needs to be refinished. Also, at least five of the hammers need to be tightened. I might attempt to do it myself since I'm pretty familiar with the internal parts of a piano. We'll see. It is, for the most part, in tune. I couldn't tune a piano so that's pretty awesome.

Anyway, here's to a great monday.

1 comment:

KarenB said...

Fun! I figured you were busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails