10.07.2010

Trends: Rustic wood

I'm dying over these two photos. There has been a great resurgence of rustic, rough wood with the fall season. It's something that can be timeless as well as modern and quirky all at the same time! Both Design Sponge and Apartment Therapy have been featuring beautiful wood rooms and projects.

What's even more awesome about this trend is that it can be fairly cheap and eco friendly. Reusing found wood such as old reclaimed barn wood incorporates a product which may have just been tossed! Stores such as Restore are full of old doors, reclaimed wood and old housewares that can be repurposed for beautiful "new" things!


p.s- I think Thursdays will be dedicated to trends from now on. I've been debating between adding two features, basic decorating tips, and a trend watch. I'm going with the trend watch, I'm still debating on the basics. Honestly, I don't think I'm all that knowledgeable about decor. Many times decorating either comes naturally to you or it doesn't. I guess that is up for debate though.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails